Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > At 56, no sign of menopause starting

At 56, no sign of menopause starting

Patient: Despite the fact that I am 56, I still have regular monthly periods with no sign of the menopause starting . I also have no menopausal symptoms. Should I be concerned?

Symptoms: No menopausal symptom

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Usually, menopause can occur between 45 to 55 years.Sometim es minimal deviation in this range can be seen.To rule out pathological causes, better to consult your doctor once, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal and thyroid hormonal profile and prolactin levels etc.If all these investigations are normal, there may not be any pathological cause and your menstrual cycles could be physiological only.Hope this helps.Take care.