x
188 Physicians Online

Question:

At home paternity test that has instant results?

I found out this weekend, that my ex (the mother of my son) cheated on me just before we found out she was pregnant. Its been eating away at me and I have to know if he is mine or not. She lied to me about this before, but one of her friends told me this weekend, further reaffirming that he may not be mine. My question is: Are there any paternity tests that can be bought over the counter or on the internet that can give an instant result without having to send it off? I know they are not admissible in court, but I need an answer now, so that I can put this behind me once and for all. I love him and I provide for him, but I need to know the truth.

Answer:

There are home kits for paternity testing available, that can be bought OTC or online, but with all of them, you are required to collect the sample at the privacy of your home, and send it back to the labs for processing. You may receive the results as early as 2 to 5 days. Yet another method for determination of the paternity is through blood types, but it is not consistent enough for definitive paternity test results. By knowing the blood types of the mother, alleged father and the child, you may be able to estimate the possibility of your paternity to the child, but it may not provide you any confirmation of the outcome. For example:  two O blood type parents can produce a child with only O blood type. Two parents with A blood type can produce a child with either A or O blood types. Two parents with B blood type can produce a child with either B or O blood type. One parent with A and another with B can produce a child with A, B, AB or O blood types. If one parent has A and another has AB, they can either produce a child with A, B or AB blood types. If one parent has A and another has O, they can either produce a child with A or O blood types.

There are home kits for paternity testing available, that can be bought OTC or online, but with all of them, you are required to collect the sample at the privacy of your home, and send it back to the labs for processing. You may receive the results as early as 2 to 5 days. No other tests are available that can be done at home and provide instant results.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA