Ate Mold? Will I need to see a doctor?

Patient : I started chewing some home made turkish delight from our cupboard, but while chewing only noticed some mould on the rest of the pieces. I immediately spat it out, brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth with antibacterial mouthwash. I'm worried, will I be ok?
Doctor :   Eating molded or otherwise spoiled food is not healthy, but is not a severe threat either. Most bacteria and molds will not survive the acid in your stomach. If you have not experienced immediate effects: an upset stomach within 24 h, or enteritis (diarrhea, cramps) within 2 or 3 days I guess there is nothing to worry about.

Related Q&A

Q: My 5 year old daughter has been experiences some non discript symptoms. Frequent nose bleeds for several months, two ...

Q: I had sex on day 5 period , i had iud insertion 5 months back my hubby withdraw his penis out of me during ejaculatio...

Q: Hi doctor, My mother in law used a bar of soap that had remnants of raw ground chicken on it to wash her hands. She ...

Q: My wife had fever a week back ,we just back from a holiday,she was fine the next day,but my daughter she had an earac...

Q: HI I HAVE BEEN TAKING RESPERIDAL 2 MG 17 YEARS AGO . 7 YEARS AGO 4 MG. THE LAST MONTH 3 MG . I HAVE SIDE EFFECTS MUSC...

 


DOCTOR ADVISORY BOARD
218

Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician
173

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician
138

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist
98

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon
CNN
BBC
MSNBC
CBS
abcNews
FoxNews