Athlete injury due to cheerleading accident

Patient

Q: Well I got injured at cheer practice yesterday morning. I got thrown directly on my back and have had pain ever since yesterday. It hurts to twist and turn and bend. I have a hard time sitting for a long period of time and standing. Also when I cough a certain part of my spine hurts.I can't get into he doctor until tomorrow and wanted to see what you opinion was.

Symptoms:  Back pain, stiffness
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on ATD.
Body pain and stiffness after hurting back is usual to happen.
You might have got your back muscle injured due to fall. Hence you may feel pain, spasm and weakness in muscles.
Strict bed rest on flat surface and taking analgesics like Advil for few days may relieve your symptoms.
It is always better to rule out deeper vertebral column injury by getting examined by doctor.
Wish you a good health.