ATHSMA PROBLEM I CANNOT BREATHE!!! HELP ME!!!

Patient

Q: I have been having a stuffy nose for a week now. It is very difficult to breath. What could be the problem?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. It is possible that you are suffering from a severe case of sinusitis. This could be due to a viral or bacterial infection which results in the nasal congestion that you are experiencing. Since you have been suffering for a week without any improvement we recommend that you go to your doctor to be evaluated. You will likely be prescribed nasal decongestant medication along with antibiotics if you are diagnosed with bacterial sinusitis. The symptoms you have described in your question are not consistent with an acute asthma attack. Please see your doctor.

Than you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com