Atkins Diet Induction Flu?

Patient

Q: I just restarted the Atkins diet about 1.5 weeks ago. Last night and all day today I have had a headache and severe fatigue. I also feel flushed like I'm running a fever as well but my temp is normal. What is causing this? Should I continue the diet? are there any signs to look for that this diet is actually adversely affecting my health?
I'm healthy other than being about 30lbs overweight. I did have liver problems in the past caused by drug use. I am now sober and have been fine for 6 years.

Doctor