AUTISTIC?

Patient

Q: My 23 month old daughter has been caught for the 2nd time eating her own faeces and her mother and I are deeply concerned with this behaviour. Also, she has begun 'touching' her genital area recently and this, also, is of great concern to us. She appears to be exhibiting certain signs of possible autism. We have to wait till she turns 2 yo before a diagnosis can be effectively made. Our question is this...are these behaviours of an autistic nature or do they signify ADD/ADHD? I also should state that she has eating issues and we have to practically induce her to eat, although we constantly change foodstuffs.

Symptoms:  Faeces consumption/smearing
Seemingly constant exploration of vulva area
Lack of appetite except for some snack foods such as biscuits. Seems to play with food as if organising it around.
Shaking head from side to side.
Quite a happy child until her younger sister came home from hospital as a newborn, almost a year ago. Since then, has never been the same as before.
Doctor