'Autologous Fat Transfer' and 'PRP Replacement.'

Patient

Q: In the past 5 years I've undergone the 'dermaroller' and 'full ablative' laser procedures for deep 'boxcar', 'ice-pick' acne scars.

I've been advised by different specialists to go in for an 'autologous fat transfer' and 'PRP replacement'.

I'm thoroughly confused and would really, really appreciate any help and recommendations in this regard.

Thank-You So Much!

Warm Regards,

Symptoms:  Rolling 'boxcar' and 'ice-pick' acne scars.
'Autologous Fat Transfer' a...-1 'Autologous Fat Transfer' a...-2 'Autologous Fat Transfer' a...-3
Doctor

A:   Dear thanks for your query on ATD.
You must have got some improvement with derma roller & ablative LASERS.
In my view, there is no role of PRP in such cases. Instead, go for Fractional LASERS for ice pick scars.
For Boxcars yes autologous fat transfer is a good option.
Another option is Subcision followed by derma roller/ FR Laser.
I hope it helped you.