AVM Hemorrhagic stroke and epinephrine

Patient

Q: If someone was suffering a hemorrhagic stroke as the result of an AVM is epinephrine dangerous being a blood thinner, especially three doses (.9 mg). Would this cause catotrophic damage especially if the stroke was located at the pons area of the brain.

Symptoms:  Stroke symptoms. Left side paralysis, numbness, vision problems, balance issues, speech difficulty,
Doctor

A:   Welcome To Ask The Doctor.
Epinephrine is not a blood thinner. It is also known as adrenaline and is a hormone and a neurotransmitter.
It is used mostly for increasing the blood pressure in patients with shock.
If the BP is high, due to hemorrhagic stroke then it should not be used.
I hope the information helps.
Stay Healthy.