Azithromicin as cure for asthma?

Patient

Q: I happened to read an online article about a man cured from asthma by making use of a research by a so called Dr. Hahn. He used azithromicin to cure himself through the help of that doctor. I also learned that this is not widely accepted in the medical world. Why is that so?
I have a father who suffers from asthma attacks from time to time and he's having worst recently. I am thinking that article could be of help but wanted to make sure first. I need an advice from an expert before approaching his doctor for this matter. Please help. Thanks

Doctor