Azithromycin for chlamydia infection. No improvement yet?

Patient

Q: My doctor treated me for a possible chlamydia infection on Wednesday night with 1000 MG of Azithromycin . My symptoms are a tingle/burn sensation on the tip of my penis and some discomfort in my testicles. After 3 1/2 days there was little to no improvement. Today (Sunday) I went back and they gave me a shot of ceftriaxone, thinking that it might be gonorrhea. My question is, should they have given me MORE oral antibiotics today as well, or is the shot enough?
So to recap: Wednesday Evening: 1000 MG of Azithromycin Sunday 12 p.m.: Shot of ceftriaxone
Should they have been done together? Will they lose effectiveness since they were done a few days apart?

Symptoms:  Slight tingle or burin at penis tip
Doctor