Azithromycin for Sinus Infection May Postpone Surgery

Patient : Can I take this Z pack before having my shoulder surgery or should I put off my surgery. I thought I was getting sick so went to a walk in and they gave me that for my sinuses. Thanks.
Doctor :   If the procedure you will undergo requires general anesthesia it may be necessary to postpone it.  An upper airway infec ction such as sinusitis puts patients at greater risk for complications when placed under general anesthesia. For elective procedure like shoulder surgery it is best postponed until the infection has completely resolved.