Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Azitromycin 2000mg single dose after 1 month of exposure for

Azitromycin 2000mg single dose after 1 month of exposure for

Patient: Azitromycin 2000mg single dose after 1 month of exposure for precaution of syphillis,gonnerah and chylmedia..is there any worse circumstance that can happen if I take.. please answer..I dont want to take chances.. and I am a straight from India.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The most common side effects of taking Azithromycin are diarrhea, nausea, abdominal pain and vomiting. These are mild side effects and the benefits far outweigh the risk in such a scenario.I recommend that you take the tablets to reduce the risk especially if you have had exposure to STDs. Hope this helps you.All the best.

Patient: Thank you sir, can it happen that if I take 4 tabs at a time then I may become resistant to these tabs latter. And 2000mg will cure syphillis ,gonnerah and chlymedia all after 1 month of exposure without any visible symptoms.