Baby not developing, pending miscarriage

Patient

Q: My last period was on january 3rd. Im suppose to be 10 weeks but doctor says im going to have a miscarriage. Said thatshe couldnt see it developing. My question is. Is there any possibilty when i go back next week for another ultrasound that they find something? I also have.no bleeding nor cramping

Doctor

A:   I do understand your concern. Sometimes an early ultrasound may show uncertain results and repeat ultrasound may be ordered. It is difficult at this moment to say what chances are there for a viable pregnancy. If the next ultrasound shows nothing developing, it is either a blighted ovum (which means a baby did not form, only the sac) or it is a pseudo sac (fake sac) and a miscarriage is likely to occur.