Baby two months with lump under nipple

Patient

Q: Is t normal for my two month old daughter to have a knot under her nipple

Doctor

A:   It is common for babies to have breast lumps or swelling under the nipple. They are almost always benign and due to exposure to maternal estrogen in the womb. The lump generally goes away on its own and usually no treatment is required. I would suggest that you do not touch or pinch the area which may cause inflammation. If the nipple appears to be swollen and looks infected or has a discharge and your baby has fever, call your pediatrician for an appointment to rule out infection.