Back ache and short of breathe every night same time

Patient

Q: Every night around 10 or11 my back starts to hurt and my breathing becomes a little more difficult. I try to be done with everything by that time but I often work nights with heavy lifting so it does not always work. I do have an albuterol inhaler which helps sometimes but not all the time. Any ideas or suggestions on what it could be or how to fix it.

Symptoms:  Back ache short of breathe
Doctor

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
See breathlessness in night can be due to Bronchial Asthma or Cardiac problems. If you get up in night during sleeping due to breathlessness we call it Paroxysmal Nocturnal Dyspnea. This is a sign of Cardiac Problem.
Since you get relief by inhalers it suggest that you have Asthma. In any case you need to see your doctor who after clinical examination will order a Chest Xray and ECG.
Treatment would be based on the cause.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.