Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back and chest pain that happens randomly

Back and chest pain that happens randomly

Patient: I’m having middle to upper back pain that wraps around to my sternum that happens at about 3am randomly. Massaging it usually makes it go away and it started occurring after I gave birth. What is it and what can I do to make it stop?

Symptoms: No symptoms. just happens randomly

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are many possibilities. One is vitamins and trace elements deficiency. You can get your vitamin D and vitamin B12 test and if found low these can be supplemented with vitamin D3 and mecobalamin. You can take analgesics for pain relief.Second possibility though less common can be pain of cardiac origin. It can be ruled out by heart function test.Third possibility can be anxiety pain. It can be treated by anxiolytic drug such as alprazolam. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care