Back and leg pain from spinal cord compression

Patient

Q: What does bulging discs at L 4-5, S 1-2 with narrowing mean and what can I do to expedite healing?

Doctor

A:   It means that the bones in your spine are not aligned as they should be as such they are narrowing the canal through which your spinal cord runs. Your spinal cord is responsible for senastion and movement that you have in your limbs. The back and leg pain you are experiencing is a direct result of this narrowing. Often the first line of treatment is use injections of steroids and pain killers into the back to reduce pain. If this treatment fails then some form of surgery is usually the next option. Physiotherapy may also help to alleviate pain.