Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back in April 2009 I suffered an ectopic pregnancy and

Back in April 2009 I suffered an ectopic pregnancy and

Patient: Back in April 2009 I suffered an ectopic pregnancy and as a result had my left Fallopian tube removed, then in July 2009 I experienced a miscarriage ….. Ever since then I have been having numerous different problems which are still plaguing me now – these are as follows:Occasional swelling of the anklesCarrying weight around my middleNot being able to lose weight whatever diet I tryHeart flutters (I feel them in my throat) at certain times of the monthA feeling of anxiousness/fear/adrenalin rush occasionally during the monthDifficulty going to the toilet sometimesI’m 42 years old and feel fine and healthy, I just wish these feelings would go away!I’m convinced I may have a hormone imbalance as its only at certain times during the month, but would be grateful for any suggestions/advice.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.According to your description possibly you may be having ho rmonal imbalance as you mentioned.Gonadal hormonal imbalance can lead to mood changes, hot flashes etc.Thyroid hormonal imbalance can lead to constipation, overweight etc problems.Regarding swelling of ankles you have to rule out anemia, renal abnormalities etc.By clinical examination and investigations like gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, hemoglobin and renal function tests etc the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.So, please do consult your doctor and get evaluated.Take care