Back muscles affected by weightlifting

Q: Before one year and seven month i was envolve in flood relief activity and envolve in weatlifting for more than 3 hours regularly. At that time i could not feel any pain at my any part of body. After 6 hrs i feel some pain in my right back over the hip. With passage of time it was increasing high and high and after few hours the pain was unbearable. The doctors injected some pain killer injections but the pain was not reducing. In short i am still in pain in both side of hip and right up side of hip behind the kidney. I had consulted doctor and they told me that its muscular pain, my muscles were damaged due to hardship. They advised me some medicines but i am still not feeling well and in pain, i can't sit on chair for long time, i can't sit with folding knees. In MRI all the back disc are on their place. there is no problem.

A:   Possibly during the intense weightlifting activities that you described above, a muscle sprain was produced in your back. Usually this occurs when the back muscles have been stretched beyond normal limits or they are stressed with excessive weight, commonly known as a muscle pull. A muscle strain is associated with the tearing or excessive stretching of the muscle and ligaments and can be painful. The pain itself generates muscle contraction that produces more pain. All symptoms of muscle injury and muscle pain can range from mild to severe. The time of healing varies from patient to patient and also depends on the severity of the injury. The conservative treatment consists of: initially, rest, ice can help the affected muscle and also maintaining the strained muscle in a stretched position. Heat can be applied when the swelling has lessened, anti-inflammatory medication (i.e.: “Aleve”), rest the strained muscle and avoid the activities that caused the strain and other activities that are painful. It is very important that you allow time to heal. . To go to a chiropractor is one of the treatment options for an uncomplicated muscle strain in the back, meaning when there is no nerve damage or compression, muscle rupture documented by MRI. They may teach you  useful exercises to stretch the muscles in the spine, that you can repeat at home as a routine and after, apply ice to the sore area for no more than 20 minutes each time; you could also alternate warm moist compresses with ice packs. If after follow all of the above you still experience the pain associated to some other symptoms, then I would recommend visiting an orthopedic doctor to rule out some other more serious causes of the back pain.