Back pain

Q: I have a history of back pain and have to date had 2 operationd for a slipped disc,I have in the past had different treaments but never with a good result, I have been doing well of late and not suffering muck pain at all but 1 month ago I started a diet because I was in my opinion to heavy and lost within 4 weeks 7 kilo's but noticed within the 2nd week that the pain in my back was returning and also running down my right leg, the pain in my leg is worse than in my back.
My question is this, can the pain be a result of dieting? because I have had no problems for about a year and it only started again after i lost the 7 kilo's.
Any advise welcome.
Kind regards.