Back pain

Q: In March of 2011, my husband and I were in a car accident. This resulted in damage to my right knee and a herniated disc in my spine. I had an epidural in November of 2011. Present day, for the past 6 months I have had worsening back pain that eventually becomes unbearable. Some days I get these back spasm in my back that render me unmovable for a while.

It feels like the back pain I had after the accident returned. I can't work correctly without being in pain at times. I can't lay down comfortably without my back hurting. I don't know what I should do.

Symptoms:  Back spasms, uncontrolled pain, lack of sleep