Back pain

Q: Hi, for the past 3/4 days I been noticing back pain. It started from shooting, stabbing pain on my right side , now it's hurting from both sides. No more shooting or stabbing pain though. Any suggestions ?

Symptoms:  No other symptoms other then back pain.

A:   Thank you for your question. This type of shooting back pain could be due to nerve compression in the lumbar spine, or sciatic nerve, or muscle strains. This can be caused by poor posture, obesity, or unsupported movements like lifting heaving objects without bending from the knees. It is also possible that this shooting pain on the right side could be due to an infection or inflammation of your kidney. Kidney infections commonly presents with this unilateral type of pain. We recommend that you follow up with your doctor to have this thoroughly examined and determine what the source of your pain is. In this way the most appropriate treatment will be provided. We hope you feel better.

Thank you for choosing