Back pain

Patient: I have pain in in back, my right side is tingling and feels a little numb. what could be the problem?

Doctor: According to your  description this might be a Lumbosacral nerve root compression. Some of the major causes of acute an and chronic low back pain (LBP) are associated with radiculopathy (nerve compression). However, radiculopathy is not a cause of back pain; rather, nerve root impingement, disc herniation, facet arthropathy, and other conditions are causes of back pain..Lumbosacral radiculopathy, like other forms of radiculopathy, results from nerve root impingement and/or inflammation that has progressed enough to cause neurologic symptoms in the areas that are supplied by the affected nerve root. During the acute phase of the pain, the physical therapy is very important and involves the use of ultrasound, TENS, heat to control pain, teaching you back-protection techniques (e.g., proper lifting, posture awareness).