BACK PAIN AND HIP PAIN

Patient

Q: I HAVE A PAIN IN MY LOWER BACK ABOUT 4 FINGERS AWAY FROM MY BACK BONE ON MY RIGHT SIDE, NOW THE PAIN HAS GONE TO MY HIP JOINT ON THE SAME SIDE ,IT IS SO THAT WHEN I WALK I GET A SHARP PAINE AND ITS HARD TO SLEEP AT NIGHT CANE U TEL ME WHAT IS MY PROBLEM

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thanks for your query
I have gone through your question in detail and understand your concern.
It may be possible that you may be having early spondylitis with compressive neuropathy as it is common in your age. Treatment of it is analgesic such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You can take Mecobalamine for neuralgic pain.
Second possibility is disc prolapse with radiculopathy. Treatment is rest in lateral position, analgesic and Mecobalamin.
Third possibility is simple muscular pain. Treatment is rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen.
Fourth possibility is pain of hip origin such as early osteoarthritic of hip. Diacerine, glucosamine and analgesic are of help.
MRI of lumbar spine and hip are investigation of choice to reach the diagnosis.
Hope I have answered your query.
Wishing you good health
Take care