Back pain and mono symptoms

Q: I am an 18 year old female and I have been having mono-like symptoms lately. For instance, extremely tired all the time, sore throat, cough, achey, low-grade fever that comes and goes. I've had these symptoms for about 2 weeks now, but in the past week they have really gotten intense. My best friend also has mono. I was in for fall break and she didn't know what she had, but I was around her quite and bit and she coughed on me several times.

However, I'm not sure if it is mono because I have another weird symptom with back pain. My lower right back aches all the time. I'm not sure why that would be. I know your spleen can swell with mono, but I didn't think I would feel pain from my spleen swelling back there. Granted, I am on my period, but this pain started about a week ago when I wasn't on my period and has gradually gotten worse. Any idea what this could be?