Back pain from fall in shower

Patient : 45 year old male slipped and fell in shower, he is now experiencing severe pain in his lower back (left side), has difficulty sitting up and standing, but is also in discomfort lying down. He does not remember hitting his head, but experienced confusion immediately after the fall. Currently treating with Advil and ice/cold packs. Also tried Tiger Balm pad, but then read that heat is not good for this type of pain/injury.
Symptoms:  severe lower back pain discomfort lying down sitting and standing