Back Pain : Healthy Posture Recommendations

Patient : I am 15 years old and lately i have been having back pain. my family doctor was worried i had scoliosis, she took an x-ray and it tuned out to be fine. but i have noticed i do stand tilting a bit to the left. only my lower back hurts but it does so when i bend down or turn to the side and i dont understand why, can you give me some insight on my pain?
Doctor :   In the view of all your X-rays studies came out normal and no spine deviation was found the most likely diagnosis would be: mechanical low back pain (LBP) is the second most common reason for seeing a physician in the United States. Of the US population, 85% will experience an episode of mechanical LBP at some point during their lifetime. Fortunately, the LBP resolves for the vast majority within 2-4 weeks. The suggested strategy in your case would be: a physical therapy program aimed to: teach you flexion and extension exercises of the spine to reduce the nerve tension, exercises that improve the muscular strength and endurance of lumbar muscles. Also is very important to keep a good posture at all times and practice low-impact activities such as swimming, walking, and bicycling can increase overall fitness without straining the low back. Standing: While standing, keep your head up and stomach pulled in. If you are required to stand for long periods of time, you should have a small stool on which to rest one foot at a time. Do not wear high heels. Just following these easy recommendations you will decrease the chances to have episodes of low back pain.