Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back pain in 12 year old, she’s afraid it’s a heart attack

Back pain in 12 year old, she’s afraid it’s a heart attack

Patient: My daughter is 12 and she has pain in the upper left side of her back. She says its mild and only occurs when she takes a very deep breath. We were in the car for 5 hours today. She’s afraid if it’s a heart attack, should senses medical attention?

Symptoms: Mild pain in upper left side of back

Doctor: HelloThank you for posting your query on ATD.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is unl ikely to be a heart attack. As it is occurring on deep breath so it is likely that it may be some lung affection so you should get her chest x-ray done to exclude lung-related causes. It is not so urgent, but she should take medical attention. Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health.Take care.