Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back pain, permanent ways to relieve?

Back pain, permanent ways to relieve?

Patient: Hello, I’m a 14 year old girl, and I have back/hip problems. From what I understand, my back muscles are extremely tight (they were shocked at how tight they are, said they’ve never seen someone with as tight back muscles as me, especially for a 14 year old girl). So from what I understand, my muscles are so tight that they are pushing my spinal cord out of line, twisting it. So 1 or 2 times a month I have to go and get my back muscles loosened up again and my spinal cord realigned, it is extremely painful. I am extremely pain tolerant, and even I have problems with this, I have to bite my lip to keep from crying. So I guess what I’m asking is if there’s a permanent way to get rid of this? Like a one time thing and then it’s gone, I never have to go through that pain again. What are my options for long term permanent ways to get rid of this?

Symptoms: Severe back pain

Doctor: Welcome To Ask The Doctor.This can be a symptom of any of the following:1. Ankylosing Spondylitis.2. Muscular Spas m.3. Prolapsed Intervertebral Disc (PIVD)I would advise in such scenario to get following investigations done:1. MRI Lumbo Sacral Spine with Pelvis and Both Sacro iliac Joints.2. HLA B27.Till you get the investigations done, you should do hot fomentation of the area and apply Dicliofenac gel locally.I hope the information helps.Stay Healthy.