Back pain,pulled muscle and Chiropractor

Patient: Will visiting a chiropractor have anything to do with a pulled muscle

Doctor: When you feel a muscle strain, usually it’s because it has been stretched beyond normal limits, commonly known as a mus scle pull. If you have a lumbar sprain, your ligaments have been pulled apart resulting in spasms in the lower part of your back. Regardless of which type of strain you have, the course of treatment for both is the same. You will experience inflammation, spasms, lack of mobility all these ¬†insure limited movement. To go to a chiropractor is one of the treatment options for an uncomplicated muscle strain in the back, meaning when there is no nerve damage or compression, muscle rupture documented by MRI.They may teach you ¬†useful exercises to stretch the muscles in the spine, that you can repeat at home as a routine and after, apply ice to the sore area for no more than 20 minutes each time; you could also alternate warm moist compresses with ice packs.

Guest: i lifted a box with a vacuum in it and put up on my right shoulder–now for two weeks i have an off and on throbbing pain in my right upper back–what needs to be done

View all posts