Back pain treatment: what should I be cautious about?

Patient: I’m 25 years old, male. I have recently done MRI of LUMBER SPINE due to back pain and severe headache for the last couple of months. These are the findings of MRI-• Lumbar lordosis is slightly straightened with normal vertebral alignment.• On T2 weighted images L5-S1 disc is hypointense due to disc desiccation.• At L2-3 level: Posterolateral osteophytosis with abutting disc are causing mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.• At L3-4 & L4-5 levels: Circumferential disc bulge with mild posterolateral osteophytosis are causing corresponding thecal disc identation and mild bilateral neural foraminal narrowing.I would like to know the meaning of it in simple language and what procedure of treatment should I go through?Thanks.Note: I am 5’8” and 82 kgs.

Symptoms: Back pain, severe headache

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for your query.I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are likely to be having slight degenerative disc disease ( age related) with mild disc prolapse at various levels. Its treatment depends upon symptoms. No surgical procedure is probably indicated. Glucosamine,Diacerine and Mecobalamine are useful. If you have backache then rest and analgesic are of use for pain relief.Hope your query get answered.Wishing you a good health. Take care.