Back Pain + Vomiting

Patient

Q: Earlier this morning, I got excruciating back pain just to the left of my spine. It feels like my insides are being squeezed. Over the course of the day, it began to spread, and curve around to my front, as I attempted to take some pain killers, which did nothing. I applied heat, which alleviated pain to a minimal degree, but I was still in a great deal of pain with the heat applied.

With work quickly approaching, I decided I should get up, and stretch out my back. Almost immediately after talking a few steps, I felt nauseated, and vomited. I continued vomiting on and off for about 3-4 hours after that. I continued drinking water in attempt to keep something in my stomach, so I would know when I am vomiting and not just feeling nauseated, and to try to keep myself hydrated when I finished.

I took a bath to try to help the pain. When initially immersed in the hot water, due to the contrast, there was about a minute when I felt like I was not in any pain. After that minute, the pain returned. The intensity of the pain was lessened. As the time of the bath continued, the pain intensified, even though I made the water hotter than it was in the first place.

I finished vomiting a few hours ago, I still feel dehydrated, and my back/stomach are still in excruciating pain - it hurts to walk, sit, lay down...do pretty much anything.

Any ideas on what else I should be doing, or what could be wrong? Keep in mind that I don't have insurance, so I try to keep doctor trips down too those that are absolutely necessary.

Doctor