Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back pain while standing

Back pain while standing

Patient: I am 28 yr old female. married no kids. while standing for long time and washing utensils i have sharp pain in my lower back. Whats the reason? I am 164 cm in height and 64 kg

Symptoms: Sharp pain for some time in lower back

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertebral Disc Compression.I would advise you to get following:1. X-ray Cervical spine2. X-ray LS spine3. Serum Calcium and Vitamin D3 levels4. ESR, CRP, Rheumatoid factor.For muscular pain i advise following:1. A combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply Diclofenac ointment locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.If the compression is found you would be treated with a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamin.I hope this helps.Stay Healthy.