Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Back pain while working on computer and machines

Back pain while working on computer and machines

Patient: I have severe back pain on kidneys to both sides of my backbone .iam 18 years old my name is sreenath completed my 1st year of b.tech in gitam university .this problem is creating problem while iam working on machines as iam a mechanical engineering student.so please give me a permanent solution for my problem i cant even sit before computer and iam not able to play sports

Doctor: Your best option would be physiotherapy along with anti inflammatory medications like ibuprofen, diclofenac etc. to redu ce pain and inflammation. Since your pain seems to be due to muscle sprain or strain, associated with the repeated overuse and stress on the back muscles. Hot or cold compress, adequate rest and stretches are important measures for complete recovery and strengthening of back muscles.