Ask The Doctor » Questions & Answers » Back pain with hip pain????

Back pain with hip pain????

Patient: Why am I having back pain and hip pain. I recently lost 30lbs in the last 11 months and still trying to lose more. I take a various of medications. Metformin for pre-diabetes, Phendimetrazine for weight, propranolol for headaches, and citalopram. I have this pain at night when I try to sleep I toss and turn trying to get a better position but can’t seem to. The next more I wake up too a dull back pain.

Symptoms: Back pain and hip pain while trying to sleep waking up with dull back pain

Doctor: Hello,Adull back and lower back ache in absence of any injury either positional or mechanical, it is more likely to b e a urinary tract infection in women with asymptomatic bacteriuria.A UTI in women presents with ideally, increased frequency, urgency, burning in most cases, lower abdominal and back ache, irritation with occasional fever. So it is suggested that you may opt for a urine routine / microscopy/ culture to rule out any infection and even if its negative then the ache is more or less mechanical and can be managed by pain killers and hot fomentation.I hope i have answered your query,wishing you good health,regards

View all posts