Bacne (acne on my back), help.

Patient

Q: I have acne on my back and upper arms and sometimes i will pick the pimple until it bleeds and a scab forms i really want to get rid of it what can i do that is cheap yet affective and quick??please help!!!

Doctor

A:   You should try to avoid the temptation of picking your bacne, else it would spread to other areas of back and arms. Wash your back with an anti-bacterial cleanser formulations available OTC and pat dry completely before you put on your clothes. It would be best to wear  non-clinging, light clothing in order to avoid sweat and maintain blood circulation. Avoiding fast food, having a balanced diet, drinking lots of water and exercising would help. Some of the topical treatments that can be used are topical erythromycin, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, 2% salicylic acid, tretinoin.

You should try to avoid the temptation of picking your bacne, else it would spread to other areas of back and arms. Wash your back with an anti-bacterial cleanser formulations available OTC and pat dry completely before you put on your clothes. It would be best to wear  non-clinging, light clothing in order to avoid sweat and maintain blood circulation. Avoiding fast food, having a balanced diet, drinking lots of water and exercising would help. Some of the topical treatments that can be used are topical erythromycin, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, 2% salicylic acid, tretinoin.