Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Bacne (acne on my back), help.

Bacne (acne on my back), help.

Patient: I have acne on my back and upper arms and sometimes i will pick the pimple until it bleeds and a scab forms i really want to get rid of it what can i do that is cheap yet affective and quick??please help!!!

Doctor: You should try to avoid the temptation of picking your bacne, else it would spread to other areas of back and arms. Wash your back with an anti-bacterial cleanser formulations available OTC and pat dry completely before you put on your clothes. It would be best to wear  non-clinging, light clothing in order to avoid sweat and maintain blood circulation. Avoiding fast food, having a balanced diet, drinking lots of water and exercising would help. Some of the topical treatments that can be used are topical erythromycin, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, 2% salicylic acid, tretinoin.You should try to avoid the temptation of picking your bacne, else it would spread to other areas of back and arms. Wash your back with an anti-bacterial cleanser formulations available OTC and pat dry completely before you put on your clothes. It would be best to wear  non-clinging, light clothing in order to avoid sweat and maintain blood circulation. Avoiding fast food, having a balanced diet, drinking lots of water and exercising would help. Some of the topical treatments that can be used are topical erythromycin, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, 2% salicylic acid, tretinoin.