Bacterial laryngitis

Patient : I have laryngitis with sore throat going on 4 days with fever of 38.5 with tylenol for three. I am now coughing up very green mucous from throat and chest. My upper chest is now getting very sore. I have no other symptoms of cold or flu. I also suffer from asthma. When should I see a doctor?
Symptoms:  Green mucous, coughing, laryngitis (fading, squeeky voice), sore upper chest, resolving fever, non-smoker
Doctor :   Hi. You should see the Doctor immediately for a simple reason that you are expectorating green mucus which is an indi cation of tests and proper antibiotic cover. This has to be sent for gram staining, culture and sensitivity before the start of the antibiotics. You also need tests of blood for WBC count, X-ray of the chest and other relevant investigations. Proper antibiotics, supportive medicines and steam inhalations is a must. If possible to have a proper bed rest to be taken. I hope this answer helps you proper early diagnosis and treatment.