Bacterial Vaginosis and constant period

Patient : I've had my period constant since Dec 17,2014 and I have incontinence issue that I've had since I gave birth to my son in 2011. I was told my blood work was wonderful but I had bacterial vaginosis and the doctor assumed I had multiple partners but she's wrong because one I'm a christian who believes in having only one partner and two me and my husband have been faithful to each other our entire marriage. My question is, is my condition really an STD like she said or is it something hormonal that caused my body to produce bad bacteria? And can the BV effect my stomach and bowels?? I see a ob gyn doctor Wed. For birth control to help my PMS and regulate my period..
Symptoms:  Itching (vaginal), no fever, fatigue, pain urination,cramps(sharp, constant ache), constipation, nausea, migraines/ headaches.