Bacterial vaginosis and Pregnancy

Patient : I am 5 and a half months pregnant and was recently treated for BV (bacterial vaginosis). The treatment was to last 5 days. After the first day of using the treatment I noticed a greenish grey clumpy discharge coming out. I assumed it was just the infection coming down however, I have now been finished with the medication for 2 days and am still experiencing this discharge. What is it? and Can I have sex? I also have the herpes virus 1 and 2 and have had similar difficulties with it during pregnancy. Is it related to that? My doctor doesn't think so but I'm very frustrated!
Doctor :   Most cases of bactial vaginosis clear up when treated with antibiotics. However, the infection may recur at some point. In upto 30 percent of women  the symptoms of bacterial vaginosis return within three months. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about a possibility of reinfection. There are a few ways you can reduce your risk of getting BV: Follow safe-sex practices, eg, using a condom during sex. Stop smoking (if you smoke) Smoking cigarettes increases your risk for BV. Don't use hygiene sprays or scented soaps on the genitals