Bad Cold With Canker Sore

Patient : I have a bad cold and a canker sore which makes things difficult . is there any home remedies to soothe the pain of the canker sore and slow down my cold?
Symptoms:  Coughing, sneezing, runny nose
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. We do not recommend using home remedies if you have a upper respiratory tract infection and canker sore. Bacteria from this infection can actually infect the canker sore making it worse. We recommend that you see your doctor to have both illnesses examined and start a course of antibiotics to treat your illness. Please be guided accordingly. Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com