Bad fall, back & neck pain.

Patient : I fell on the stairs due to a patch of ice. My back is really sore and it hurts to move my neck? Is this just bruising? Should I just ice it?
Symptoms:  Back pain, hurts to move neck, headache
Doctor :   Hi. Thank you for writing to ATD. You should try RICE therapy. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation. Rest - rest and avoid strenuous work Ice - ice the back for 15 mins a time up to 4 times a day Compression - it is difficult to compress the back with a bandage. You can get a massage done if the pain is not too severe. Elevation - lift the neck to reduce swelling in the neck. Take 4 Acetaminophen a day to relieve the pain. If you are not better by 3 days, talk to a Doctor. I hope this helps. All the best.