Ask The Doctor > Pending > Bad reaction to medication possibly or gland issue?

Bad reaction to medication possibly or gland issue?

Patient: I have a lot going on… I am only 19. First off I have gained about 90 pounds in the last two years. The weight started piling on after I was removed from Depo Provera. I had a really bad reaction to it where I bled for three months straight. I was then put on TriNesa for a year and I had to stop a year later because I have no health insurance anymore. That was in November of 2011. Since that I have not had a period. I am not pregnant either. I am also tired all of the time and sleep constantly. I am always depressed and sluggish as well. Just recently parts of my body have been going numb for no reason. I have hairy toes so I have good circulation. I also have an uncontrollable appetite. I can eat a ton of fiber and still be hungry. Is there anyway of knowing whats wrong with me? I am scared now.

Doctor: