Bathroom Germs on Pants: How often should we wash our hands.

Patient : How concerned should people be about the germs that collect on their pants from using the restroom (since their pants are pulled up before washing their hands)? Do these germs warrant a hand washing after each contact?
Doctor :   Typically it is warranted and adviced to wash you hands after each potential harmful contact with germs. However this is not possible as one encounters many germs throughout the day . I would advice you to wash your hands before each meal, after using the washroom , handling contaminated material, sneezing etc. I hope this helps.