Bed wetting at age of 9years

Patient

Q: My Daughter is 8 and half years, sometimes, that is one in a month she does bed wetting, what could be the reason, is the point to worry..?
Thanks

Symptoms:  she generally have irregular bowel system
Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. Bed wetting is very common for young children. Since your daughter wets the bed approximately once a month, we suggest that this is no cause for concern. We recommend that she refrain from drinking large amounts of liquids 2-3 hours before bedtime and urinating right before bed, to prevent bedwetting. Should her bedwetting increase to a more frequent occurrence, several times a week, then we would recommend you have her see her paediatrician for further evaluation.

Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com