Been on clomid for 4 months

Patient: I have been on clomid for 4 months and the doctor just have me 4 more months worth. How long can you safely take this medication. Any information will be appreciated

Symptoms: No motility

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Clomid (Clomifene) is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) medication used to inf ertility by inducing ovulation. You would need to be re-evaluated by your doctor to see if your medication needs to be discontinued, or readjusted if you have yet to conceive while being on this medication. In general, it is recommended that Clomid should not be used for more than 6 cycles or 6 consecutive months of 5 day cycles. In your case you were prescribed 4 cycles, so you would need to be evaluated by your doctor before initiating treatment again. If you are experiencing side effects of this medication such as double vision, hot flashes, headaches, or abnormal bleeding, please mention these or any other symptoms to your doctor as well.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com

Patient: Thank you for your kind response but the way they prescribe clomid for me is 25 days on and 25 days off. Today I’m about to start my 5th month and I’m a little worried because my doctor admits that he is not used this medication but once before. I have received no testing ie blood test since starting. My doctor will not be bothered with my questions he says that if I want to be treated by him I need to trust him. I really don’t want that on my tombstone.” I trusted my doctor “, there is so little information on this medication used for men!!???!!