Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Been trying to have a baby… Is that it?

Been trying to have a baby… Is that it?

Patient: I am two days late. I get cramping in the middle of the night. There is white stuff instead. What can that mean? No and not a infection. Doesn’t itch or burn.. help!

Doctor: Hello,If you are late by 2 days, then you should wait for a week more post missed period to perform a urine pregnancy test to confirm or rule out pregnancy. The white discharge could be excessive physiological vaginal discharge which is normal during premenstrual phase in most women if not accompanied by foul smell or itching.So it is advised that UPT may be done after a week. If the result is negative then possibly these symptoms you are experiencing are a part of premenstrual syndrome and not pregnancy.I hope i have answered your query in detail,regards