Bees and wasps sting and allergy

Patient

Q: I am very allergic to bees and wasps. I believe I was stung by a wasp on Thursday. On Friday my left eye was swollen and red. By Friday night my whole left side of my face was swollen, hard and red. My whole body ached and I had fever and chills. By Saturday my whole face is swollen back to by ears. The fever seems to have broken and Advil is helping the paid. I took over the counter antihistimine. Today, Sunday my face is very swollen and hard, red. Do you think this has run its course or should I go the the doctor?

Doctor

A:   In my opinion you need to see your doctor for treatment, as the reaction seems to not have subsided as yet. You may require prescription antihistamines and other medication for early recovery and to prevent any delayed or long term complications.