Beginning of the month I had light spotting not enough

Patient : Beginning of the month I had light spotting not enough to get onto a pad I'm currently ten days late on my menstrul cycle and had negative pregnancy test results. Could this be a sign of anything other then pregnancy
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for the query. The spotting could be due to a hormonal imbalance, ovulatory bleeding at ovulation or even a pill related side effect. Stress, thyroid and ovulatory disturbances could be other issues, endometrial hyperplasia, cervical polyp and other, local causes need to be ruled out as well. Consider consulting a gynecologist for an examination and do a beta hCG test to rule out pregnancy possibilities in case of a history of intercourse. Hope this helped. Regards