Being sick for two weeks or more with same symptoms

Patient

Q: I have had something for two weeks and I was wondering if yall could help me figure it out

Symptoms:  Coughing runny nose ocassional stomach pain
Doctor

Thanks for contacting askthedoctor.com
The symptoms of coughing with sore throat and running nose indicate Flu or viral infection. You may opt to take antihistaminics like TAB Cetrizine 5mg twice a day for 5 days for the running nose along with warm saline gargles thrice a day to soothe the throat. Also take plain water steam inhalation twice a day especially in the morning and in the night to relieve of the stuffiness feeling. As it has already been 2 weeks , you may opt for a short course of antibiotic like Tab Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days which would cure any streptococcus infection if present.
It is important to maintain a healthy water intake of 5-6 liters a day to maintain hydration and speed up the recovery. Stomach pain may be caused by continuous coughing and muscle spasm, this would be relieved by the adequate hydration and if gastritis is an accompanied feature then you may consider PPI like omeprazole tab 20mg twice a day for 3 days. This would help.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards